California middle-class tax refund card has benefited many taxpayers and their dependents in California (US). California middle class tax refund cards have been issued in the majority. Payments that require additional review are still in process.
A few changes can still be expected after February 22, 2023. So, if you still need to save your debit card and few think you are eligible for MCTR, you must ensure that your address is updated with FTB. You can visit the official website for extra details or to update the address.
Table of Contents
How to Receive and Use Your Debit Card?
Some taxpayers will receive their payment through a debit card, so get to the official site and know how you can receive the debit card. FTB has collaborated with Money Network. To provide payments through debit cards, you can also visit the Money Network website for more details or learn how to make purchases, transfers, and withdrawals of money with your debit card. If you do not have a debit card and think you are eligible for MCTR, then you can apply for it and remember that your address is current with FTB.
How do you determine your eligibility?
These are some of the factors that will determine if you are eligible or not:
- It would help if you met the California adjusted gross income limits.
- URA California resident for over six months of the 2020 tax pay.
- You are a California resident on the date of the issued payment.
How will you Receive the Compensation?
California will receive their MCTR payment By debit card or direct deposit. Usually, direct deposit payments will be used if eligible taxpayers have filed their 2020 California tax return and received their California tax refund by direct deposit. And when we talk about debit card payments, it will be mailed to the remaining eligible taxpayers.
You will receive the payment by mail in the form of debit card if you have:
- You had a balance due
- Filed a paper written
- You received your 2020 tax refund by direct deposit but have not changed the banking institution or bank account number.
- You received your tax refund by cheque regardless of the filing method.
- Received your GSC payment by cheque
- Or even receive an advance payment from your tax service provider or pay your tax preparer fees using your tax refund.
How do You Transfer the Funds from a Middle Class Tax Refund to Your Bank Account?
As long as you have a banking institution and an account number, you can transfer the money to your bank account and don’t even need to pay a fee. You need to follow these steps:
- Transfer money using the money network mobile app.
- You can call on their helpline number: 1-800-240-0223
- Transfer funds online at their website, mctrpayment.com
Where can you use the California Middle Class Tax Refund Card?
You can use debit cards anywhere because they are accepted everywhere, including stores, online, and mobile. And when you pin debit purchases at certain shops or withdraw from an ATM, you can get cash back from the bank.
How can you Check the Balance?
You don’t need to go to the bank to check the balance. Call their number or check online if you have an account. You must have a Money Network mobile app account to check your credit.