Table of Contents
Corporate Moving For Small Businesses
If you’re a small business or small businesses owner, chances are you’ve been eyeing that corporate move for a long time. This can come in a lot of forms – be it expanding into new branches, getting a bigger office, or moving into a more ideal location. Either way, this corporate move can greatly help your company move to greater heights – but unfortunately, you might soon realize that certain elements of this move can be quite stressful. Aside from the actual move into your new office space, you also have to consider factors such as permits, requirements, and your overall business operations. Would this mean you need to forego your small businesses move? Not necessarily!
In fact, with some quick tips and tricks, you may be able to pull off a proper corporate move for your small business without getting through all of the hassle. It’s important to remember your business move can actually work to your favor with the right kind of planning and preparation. Here are some quick tips you might want to pull off:
- Secure your requirements and documentation as soon as possible. Once you’ve finalized your office move, it’s best to submit and secure and submit your requirements as soon as possible. These include submitting the necessary documents for your leases and utilities, securing the appropriate certification for your leasing of the business, as well as submitting the right moving permits if you’re planning on hiring movers.
- Manage your inventory as soon as possible to avoid setbacks. Another important step you need to take when managing a business move is to secure your inventory as soon as possible. You need to log in not just your office equipment, but also make an inventory out of your office supplies to ensure you know which items you need to restock, repair, or even replace. Moreover, it helps to log in the items you have in your store’s inventory as well, such as things you sell, especially if you’re handling sensitive equipment, perishable goods, and other forms of merchandise.
- Streamline your schedule to synchronize your operations with your move. Another important element when it comes to making a corporate move is to properly streamline your current schedule. This means ensuring there’s enough room within your calendar to accommodate various moving processes but at the same time accommodate a skeleton crew to ensure operations go on smoothly. Fixing up your schedule as early as now is a great way to capitalize on growth opportunities while ensuring that your move is still ongoing as planned.
- Assemble a crew to help you with the move and your operations. Instead of allocating everyone to either the move or your operations, try to assemble a separate group of employees dedicated to helping with the move as well as a skeletal workforce to man the fort while you’re busy with the rest of the moving process. Doing this division early on will avoid unnecessary panicking amongst your team members and they’ll know a more accurate division of tasks for everyone.
- Incorporate your corporate move into a marketing campaign. One of the best ways to maximize your office move is to try incorporating it into a marketing campaign. For instance, it might help your team to actually have a campaign revolving around giving discounts, freebies, and special promos to people who will shop at your old store days before the move, and in your new store after the office move. That way, you’ll at least be sure that you’ve done your due diligence not just in announcing your corporate move, but actually trying to get people to join you in your new location. This is a great way to attract new customers in your new location, too.
- Hire professionals to help streamline your logistical concerns. If you’re having a bit of trouble streamlining your current business schedule with your office move, especially if you’re located in a big city like New York, you might want to hire the best moving companies in NYC. With their expertise, skillset, and manpower, you’ll be able to have a reputable team managing the rest of your moving needs. They’ll be able to provide comprehensive assistance with regards to the various concerns of your move, as well as provide a wide range of specialized services. This can be helpful especially if you’re handling various specialized equipment, unique inventory items, or have to deal with unique moving parameters.
Business Moves 101: Getting Moving Quickly, Efficiently
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that you can actually pull off a successful corporate move for your small businesses with the right kind of approach and planning. Remember, the success in corporate moves really lies on how you properly manage your operations while the move is currently ongoing. And the above tips can help you ensure that everything is in tip-top shape to make everything work in your favor.