If you are trying to build a career on Instagram, then the blue badge should become your priority. If you get verified on Instagram, you are making sure that your content is unique and no one else can claim your account name. For this reason, all the influencers are applying for Instagram verification as soon as they can, since they want to establish a brand of their own.
Also You can find more helpful resources at knowaboutanything
Even though it is easy to learn the steps on how to get verified on Instagram, it can be a rather challenging process to get accepted. In this article, you are going to discover the steps of Instagram verification, as well as the platform’s requirements. In addition to this, you will get some useful tips that will make the process much easier for you.
What is a Verified Account on Instagram?
First of all, any account can get verified on Instagram, no matter if it’s a business, influencer, or any other user with a big following. You can understand which accounts are verified by a blue badge that appears next to the account’s name. This blue badge indicated that this is an authentic account, owned by a real person. With this practice, Instagram helps users check if the accounts they are following are genuine and not copycats. Therefore, if you are investing time and money to grow your Instagram account, you need to follow the process to verify it.
How to Apply for Instagram Verification
Even though verification is important, it is very easy to apply for it. The steps on how to get verified on Instagram are the following:
- Log in to the Instagram account that you want to verify.
- Tap the icon at the top right part of the screen.
- Tap “Settings”, and then, tap the icon “Account”.
- From there, tap the option “Request Verification”.
- Then, you will see a form, where you have to fill in your information. These include your real name, your category, and your account’s name. In addition to this, you have to upload an image of your ID cards. Therefore, remember to take a high-quality picture of your ID card before you start this process. However, if you want to request verification for a business, you will have to submit any business document, such as a utility bill.
- Once you have filled in every information that the platform needs, you must tap “Send”.
- The platform will check your application and inform you whether your account has become a verified one or not.
What are the Platform’s Requirements?
Very often, Instagram verification is troubling for many influencers as that platform has some specific requirements that you must meet. Thus, your account and content must be:
- Authentic – this means that your account must represent a legal entity, such as a real person or business. This aims to reduce the amount of spam and copycat accounts on the platform.
- Unique – this means that every business, influencer, or user that requests verification can only verify one account. There is only one exception to this rule, in the case of language-specific accounts.
- Complete – this means that the verified account must have all the information completed. First of all, the account must be public, while there should also be a profile bio, profile photo, and at least one post. Moreover, you mustn’t include any “add me” links to the rest of your social media profiles.
- Notable – this element means that your account must be noteworthy. In essence, you have to create an account that makes buzz on social media, or that you have been featured on the news.
Can You Lose your Blue Badge?
One more thing that you need to keep in mind while trying to get verified on Instagram is that the platform can remove your blue badge or disable your account. This is a very rare case and it can happen if you:
- Try to transfer or sell your verified badge,
- Promote other services on your profile bio, name, or photo,
- Use a third-party account to verify yours.
Get Verified on Instagram with These Tips
As you can imagine, the most challenging requirement if the Instagram verification is to create a notable account. To ensure your verification, you have to follow these tips:
#1 Increase your Follower Count
The first thing that you need to do before you request verification on Instagram is to increase your follower count. Even though the platform doesn’t require a specific number of followers, it is advisable to gather more than 10,000 users before you apply for the blue badge.
#2 Build a Specific and Personalized Aesthetic
One of the things that Instagram values the most in its creators is the authenticity of their accounts. This means that the posts you create must be original and not similar to other accounts’ content. To ensure your originality, adopt a specific aesthetic and create high-quality images that will gather a lot of engagement.
#3 Try to Make your Posts Go Viral
One of the requirements that many influencers fail is to create a notable account that will justify the verified badge. One easy way to achieve this status is to make your posts go viral, thus occupying the explore section of Instagram. This way, your account will gain a lot of traffic and become well-known.
#4 Make your Account Visible
Apart from a viral success, you have to make your account as visible as possible. For example, you can use all the popular hashtags to appear in a lot of searches. Similarly, you can include hashtags on your profile bio, a practice that will boost your account’s visibility.
#5 Be Persistent
Many influencers get discouraged because their verification request is turned down. However, after 30 days, you can request it again. If you are turned down, you can use these 30 days to boost your account and increase your engagement.
In this article, you have learned how to get verified on Instagram. Even though it is a challenging process, it is not an impossible one. With enough determination, you can make it happen.
The Foreign Tax Credit: Your questions answered
When you hear the phrase “Foreign Tax Credit,” what goes through your head? Are you curious about what it offers…
What is [pii_email_019b690b20082ef76df5] Error Code?
What is the [pii_email_019b690b20082ef76df5] Error Code? Potential customers cause this error for many various purposes. Some tech professionalists say it…